Administrative Assistant - Job Posting
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located, geographically diversified assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a proven management platform that have generated substantial, risk-adjusted returns – and significant long-term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.9 billion.
At Morguard, our employees are the company’s greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, inclusion, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our team is made up of professionals with deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business. When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team.
Reporting to the General Manager- Retail, the administrative assistant must effectively oversee, coordinate and assist in all administrative areas of retail management. The administrative assistant should possess excellent interpersonal skills for establishing & maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, other departments, public officials, and the public. Ability to multi-task is very important in this dynamic environment. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Compose correspondence, screen & directs calls
- Assist the Regional Property Manager to ensure that the management office is functioning at its highest level of efficiency
- Maintain and update phone lists with distribution home and satellite offices
- Act as contact for miscellaneous retail tenant customer service inquiries
- Contact tenants whom have not paid rent
- Assist Regional Property Manager in the preparation of office budget
- Handle incoming invoices and payments to in accordance with policies set
- Process miscellaneous documentation including capital request, personnel and accounting forms
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures relating to the operation and maintenance of the Shopping Center, and ensuring compliance with such policies and procedures
- Facilitate the accounting functions through daily interaction with the Corporate Accounting Department
- Carry out daily office tasks
- Perform and/or assist with special projects as needed by upper level management
- Serve as an ambassador and role model of the company (you’re always in the spotlight!)
- Represent Morguard Management Company in the community
- Minimum five (5) years experience in general business procedures and financial preparations, preferably in retail real estate.
- Effective writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work within deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team.
- Customer service oriented.
- High School graduate; college degree preferred but not required.
- Drug test, criminal/credit background check and reliable transportation required.