Job Posting - Concierge
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located, geographically diversified assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a proven management platform that have generated substantial, risk-adjusted returns – and significant long-term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.9 billion.
At Morguard, our employees are the company’s greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, inclusion, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our team is made up of professionals with deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business. When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team.
The Concierge reports to General Manager and the ideal candidate should be creative and must possess passion and enthusiasm.
- To assist the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of the property’s amenities.
- Maintain courteous and helpful attitude to residents and prospects.
- To be aware of new amenities
- To be aware of all community policies and procedures and must possess the ability to implement and enforce the policies with all residents and guests.
- Must be able to multi task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be computer literate and be familiar with all aspects of Social Media, Marketing, etc. including Facebook and Twitter.
- Must be proficient with Yardi, Excel and Word, etc.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to plan events from start to finish including layout of floor plans selection of entertainment and food and beverage menus and must work all within budget constraints.
- Must be able to manage schedules for rental of amenities such as movie theatre, cabanas, party room, and sports court and guest suites.
- Must be able to do laundry for guest suites, fitness and pool towels, etc.
- Must be able to turn over guest suites (make beds, fold towels, etc.).
- Update resident handbook whenever necessary.
- Update email distribution list each week
- Preparation of monthly newsletter
- Handles all pool opening and closing tasks including annual distribution of pool rules and pool passes, etc.
- Provide maintenance and administrative staff with guest suite and amenity rental schedules daily.
- Complete planning and execution of all building social events and carrying out of all within budget constraints.
- Handles all satisfaction surveys by maintenance of survey monkeys and their results.
- Complete supervision over all fitness instructors, personal trainers, etc in an effort to insure that they are all up to resident’s satisfaction.
- Send all residents with outstanding balances to collections in a timely fashion.
- Overall management of all amenities and components are in working order al all times.
- High school graduate.
- Accurate typing skills.
- Accurate use of a calculator.
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Yardi, Constant Contact, Microsoft Word, Excel and InDesign extremely helpful.
- Must possess superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be proficient in using a computerized property management program.
- Neat, clean and appropriate appearance.
- Neat, legible handwriting and ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, residents, guests, owners and management.
- Must be able to attend off-site events even if this requires work above and beyond normal office hours.