Manager, Specialty Leasing (16-Month Contract)
The Manager, Specialty Leasing is accountable to General Manager for increasing and diversifying property’s revenue streams by temporary leasing of the shopping centre’s common areas, parking lot, vacant retail units, storage space etc. while maintaining the established image of the property as a high quality retail facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specialty Leasing Business Plan: Develops and implements a Specialty Leasing Business Plan and Temporary Leasing Program to increase and diversify revenue streams generated at the property.
- Tenant Prospecting: Actively prospects (incl. cold calling and local travel) for third parties interested in temporary leasing opportunities both locally and regionally and performs various activities to successfully arrange for lease of space to a variety of parties incl. preparation, negotiation and execution of binding license agreements with temporary tenants, maintenance of specialty leasing database, collection of rent, coordination of move-in, set-up and move-out as well as monitoring of tenant’s ongoing operations and their adherence to effective lease provisions to ensure that the goals of the specialty leasing program are achieved.
- Specialty Leasing Best Practices: Continuously explores and develops new revenue streams for the property through industry networking, professional development and learning about new innovative methodologies within the area of specialty leasing and analysis of best practices.
- Continuous Improvement of Display Standards: Continually upgrades and monitors tenancies and their visual presentations as well as develops display standards for the shopping centre in order to ensure high standards are in keeping with the mandate of the management team of the property.
- Specialty Leasing Policies and Procedures: In collaboration with the management team, monitors adherence to and enforces policies related to signage, lease lines and special events to make sure that specialty leasing activity does not interfere with the on-going operations at the property or enjoyment of lease by permanent tenants and general public.
- Budgeting and Reforecasting: In collaboration with the General Manager and National Director, Specialty Leasing develops an annual revenue and expense budget for specialty leasing activities at the property and prepared reforecast on a quarterly basis to ensure best estimates are available to assist the senior management team with their decision-making.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Previous Specialty Leasing experience at a retail centre
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong networking and business development skills
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Negotiating skills
- Presentation skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at careers @ morguard.com or (905) 281-3800.
- Creative thinking is an asset.