Accounts Receivable Accountant
The Accounts Receivable Accountant is accountable to the Manager/Supervisor, Accounts Receivable for ensuring the timely and accurate collection/recording of rents and other revenue as well as various types of fees for the assigned portfolio of properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts Receivable and Collections: Monitors all tenant accounts and initiates collection activities to ensure that rents are paid on a timely basis, maintains various tenant deposits, while following through with extended collection activity on outstanding accounts. Processes adjustment billings, chargeback invoices, and charges to non-tenants. Back-up for AR Accountants and Junior AR Accountants to ensure accurate and timely recording in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Bank Deposits and Cash Receipts: Ensures all payments (EFTs and cheques) and accounts receivable information is accurately recorded on a daily basis. Verifies banking activity has been accurately posted (within the system and various bank accounts)
- Sales Overage (Retail): Monthly, generates billing, proof format for approval and finalizes tenant billings. At year end, role reviews certified sales and adjusts YTD to reconciled reported sales.
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly reconciliations: Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly reconciliation of various revenue accounts, investigating and rectifying any discrepancies and following up with appropriate action.
- Tenant Refunds and Provisions and Write-Offs: Prepares tenant refunds, provisions, and write-offs, ensuring due diligence of provisions received from Property Management, receipt of all approvals in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Collections Record Keeping: Maintains trust account documents (last month’s rent, etc) for various properties, maintains filing system of all documents related to the collection of accounts receivable such as invoices, deposits, and rent rolls in order to facilitate periodic review and audit processes.
- Property Coordination: Assists Property Managers and office staff with day-to-day questions. Meets monthly with operations for Office/Industrial portfolios to discuss Aging AR.
- Special Projects: Participates in ongoing DEFT promotion. Assists with periodical testing of new accounts receivable functions. Assists or completes ad hoc projects assigned by Supervisor/ Manager.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience or equivalent
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good quantitative analysis skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.
- Practical knowledge of JDE Edwards and/or Yardi is an asset
- Previous experience in Property Management (retail and commercial/industrial) industry is an asset