Morguard is Now Hiring
An HVAC Certified Floating Maintenance Technician for our Dallas metro area portfolio.
You'll work full time, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an hour off for lunch.
As our area Floater, your day to day location will vary from:
- 319 unit property in Irving, Texas
- 514 unit property in Las Colinas area of Irving, Texas
- 188 unit property in Garland, Texas
May share On-Call responsibilities as needed for maintenance emergencies as needed at the properties
Each On-Call Rotation earns an added $100.00 Stipend - $100.00 to you even if you're not called to the property
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
We're looking for you
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program - we will support your HVAC or EPA certification!
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio with our Employee Discount
To help maintain the highest standards for our apartment communities. Your role will be to assist our maintenance teams with open work orders by making minor repairs within apartments and assist our Lead Maintenance Technicians with routine maintenance and capital improvement projects onsite.
We need your strong work ethic, customer service for our residents, personal motivation to consistently improve, and a good foundation in general appliance repair, painting, plumbing, and landscaping. Your work in this job will directly determine our community and our resident's well-being.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Being thorough and courteous; we need you to accurately assess the root cause of each work order that comes in and do your best to close it out and improve our residents' homes
- Follow guidelines and your own expertise to turn around vacant apartment units and prepare them for new residents to move into
- Respond to assigned work orders or general maintenance in a timely manner and always communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager as things move forward or take longer to complete than anticipated
Above all, you will be responsible for staying in sync with the company’s and the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
Experience & strengths you'll need:
- A dedication to the company goals and values and a commitment to the success of each associate as a member of the team
- Good communicator and the listener with strong customer service skills
- General knowledge or direct experience of plumbing, drywall repair, painting, carpentry, appliance repair, pressure cleaning, or minor electric troubleshooting and repair
- Previous experience on a garden-style apartment community - closing work orders and turning apartments are ideal
- High school graduate; technical school preferred but not required
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a Criminal Background Check, Credit Report, and Drug Test.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.