Morguard is now hiring:
An experienced multi-family Community Manager in Kennesaw, Georgia. Barrett Walk Apartments is home to 292 units and this role would lead an onsite team of six. Three maintenance personnel, two leasing consultants, and one assistant community manager.
We're seeking an experienced property management professional to support both our employees and residents.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. Are you someone who likes to see things through? So are we; Morguard trusts our Community Managers to set the example and standard for responsibility and care shown to our residents.
Our Leasing Office is accessible to our residents; we're open Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 9AM - 6PM, on Wed: 9AM - 7PM, and over the weekendsSat: 10AM - 5PM and Sun: 1PM - 5PM.
We ask that you be accessible to those hours and to be available to support your team on a weekend if necessary. Weeks where you work a weekend shift you will have a corresponding work weekday off.
We're looking for you
To fully lead and support our community’s Property Management Operations. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the community and its needs/goals as a financial asset
- Create monthly financial reports
- Work toward fulfilling the community’s leasing potential; develop and execute marketing initiatives as needed to support that goal
- Respond to and resolve resident complaints promptly to support positive resident relations
- Review and audit resident files as needed to ensure accuracy; assess and address any need for training to support your onsite team
- Physically walk and inspect the property to ensure the quality of market-ready apartments
- Preserve the asset and control costs using preventative maintenance programs
· Oversee rehab construction projects
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Property/Community Manager is required, direct experience on Class A/B, Garden Style Multifamily assets is preferred
- High School Diploma required Bachelor's or Associate's degree is ideal. Alternatively, if you have 4-6 years of direct experience with Multi-family property management and the commensurate professional designation (CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) then we would be happy to consider you.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi, Excel, and Microsoft Word. Specific proficiency with Yardi Reporting functions is ideal.
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.