The Specialist, Accounts Payable is accountable to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable, for the review and management of all emails in the centralized Accounts Payable mailbox, corresponding with both vendors and internal staff on outstanding and critical payments and reconciling vendor statements as needed. As well, the Specialist, Accounts Payable is accountable to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable for managing all utility payments, the vendor address book, all void requests, and the AP payment process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Utility Bill Tracking and Processing: Processes and tracks utility invoices based on maintained documentation.
2. Void Management: Reviews void payment and payable requests and processes on a daily basis.
3. Payables Reporting: Runs accounts payable reports required to manage the AP processes or provide information to various internal and external stakeholders. Coordinates and develops relationships with various internal functions to ensure timely submission of accounts payable information in order to complete monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports.
4. Supplier Relationships: Builds positive relationships with suppliers to facilitate compliance to procedures and resolve invoices that are marked as exceptions.
5. Vendor Maintenance: Reviews all new vendors and change requests and either moves the vendor forward for approval or returns the vendor back to the initiator with an explanation of what is wrong, according to the company's policies and procedures.
6. Payment Processing:Helps to define and implement efficient payment procedures and ensures payments are processed according to them.
7. Cheque Fraud Protection Program: Ensures that Cheque Fraud protection files are uploaded to bank in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures ensuring that company’s cash assets are safeguarded at all times.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
▪ College Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
▪ Minimum 3 years of relevant accounts payable experience or an equivalent ▪ Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications.
▪ Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
▪ Excellent analytical skills
▪ Excellent quantitative analysis skills
▪ Good organizational skills
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Previous experience in real estate industry is an asset
▪ Previous experience with Yardi is an asset
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 281-3800.